As an organization marketing business opportunities for our entire region, the EDC's professional staff is working to attract and secure new businesses, jobs, and economic growth.
- The EDC provides access to the data, demographics, daily business news, real estate listings and incentives that companies need to choose Western Massachusetts for business expansion and relocation.
- Through our Home Field Advantage Program, the EDC is helping existing companies and industries to grow by not only assisting when needed, but by proactively identifying and minimizing factors that impede growth.
- On Beacon and Capitol Hills, the EDC advocates for legislation to aid in economic and workforce development while protecting the investments of the region's companies.
- In the news, the EDC takes firm positions on evolving issues of economic development, infrastructure and business legislation.
- In Western Massachusetts, the EDC reviews major projects, prioritizes them and pursues funding.
- In the conference room, the EDC meets with local brokers, business groups and developers regularly to coordinate efforts and increase regional development communications.
- The EDC also staffs and manages the regional Economic Development Partners, more than 25 representatives of local municipalities, universities, utility companies and economic agencies who meet regularly for idea and information exchange forums.
To discuss how the EDC can help you, please call (413) 755-1368.
For specific inquiries:
- For information about joining the Economic Development Council, contact EDC President & CEO Rick Sullivan at (413) 755-1300.
- For trade and industry shows, industrial and commercial real estate, site selection resources, international business, business to business networking, expansion of a Western Massachusetts business, municipal services and The Home Field Advantage program, contact Ann Burke at (413) 755-1374.
- For marketing, advertising, media inquires, public relations services and Data & Demographics tailored to your Company's request, contact Anne DeWolf, at (413) 755-1368.