The Third largest city in Massachusetts and home to 154,758 people, Springfield is the hub of Western Massachusetts.
Called "The City of Homes" and "The City of Firsts," Springfield contains seventeen distinct neighborhoods and a downtown that lies on the bank of the Connecticut River, just a few miles north of Connecticut. The city is surrounded by its suburbs including Agawam, Chicopee, East Longmeadow, Longmeadow, Ludlow, West Springfield and Wilbraham.
The City of Springfield is governed by elected Mayor Domenic Sarno and a 13-member City Council.
Visit the City of Springfield online for more information.
- Theodore Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss
- James Naismith, inventor of Basketball
- Travis Best and Vinnie Del Negro, NBA players
- Milton Bradley, founder of the Milton Bradley Company
- Eddie Shore and Bob Kudelski, NHL players
- Daniel Baird Wesson, founder of Smith and Wesson
- Joe Scibelli and Nick Buoniconti, NFL players
- Rabbit Maranville and Vic Raschi, Major League Baseball players